NASHVILLE, Tenn. (Oct. 31, 2019)— Kick off the New Year at the Progressive® Insurance Nashville Boat Show, the largest event of its kind in Tennessee, returning to Music City Center January 9-12, 2020.
Now in its 34th year in Nashville, the show is an annual destination forboating enthusiasts of all ages, budgets, and experience levels—from boarding and buying the newest boats, to fishing (for real fish!) indoors in the middle of January.
The boat show is a one-stop shop to get ready for fun on the water, with sales on more than 300 boats, plus fishing and boating educational opportunities, the latest in marine technologies and outdoor accessories, and fun for the whole family. Highlights for 2020 include:
- NEW – Hawg Trough – 5,000-gallon fish tank: This 40-foot-long fully-stocked fish tank is the best way to see firsthand how fish react to different techniques, bait and lures. Top anglers will teach fishing and casting skills in the tank during FREE daily seminars
- Super Thursday – $5 after 5 p.m.: On Thursday, January 9, tickets are only $5 after 5 p.m. Festivities include one-day-only special offers and meet-and-greets with superheroes. Kids are encouraged to dress as their favorite characters. Those in costume receive a special prize (while supplies last).
- More Family Fun in 2020: Young skippers are invited to complete a Discover-A-Boat Scavenger Hunt, get crafty at the Create-a-Crankbait station and participate in a variety of boating and fishing education activities. Costumed characters and balloon artists will also be on hand.
- Miss Geico Offshore Racing Boat: This one-of-a-kind 50-ft. Victory catamaran made of carbon/Kevlar is powered by 1650 RACE Mercury racing engines that generates 3,300 horsepower and can reach speeds in excess of 200 mph!
- Boating Skills Virtual Trainer: The America’s Boating Club lets attendees take the helm and set out on a simulated “boat trip” to practice boating skills such as docking, pivot turns, stopping and more.
- NEW – Career Day: For the first time, on Friday, January 10, from 10:30am to noon, the show is inviting students and job seekers to learn about careers in the boating, RV and fishing industries.
- Adults – $12 (ages 13 and older)
- Children – FREE (12 and under with paid adult)
- Active military – FREE with military ID, box office only
- Cyber Monday – Buy One Ticket, Get One FREE (online only, available beginning December 2, 2019, expires December 6, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.)
- Super Thursday – $5 After 5 p.m. (online only, available Thursday, January 9; and guests will be treated to other $5 specials such as food and beverage items.)
- $2 Off Advance Purchase – $10 general admission; online only; offer ends January 8