Features at a Glance
- Casting Class - Hosted by Joey Monteleone
- Fred’s Shed Interactive Learning Center
- Kids’ Trout Pond - FREE fishing for kids 12 and younger
- Meet Pro Fisherman Larry Nixon “The General”
- Meet Pro Wakeboarders Tara Mikacich, Chad Sharpe & JD Webb — special guest of TNT Watersports
- Meet Professional Bass Angler Pete Ponds
- Miss GEICO Offshore Racing Boat
- NEW! FishLipz Party Cove
- NEW! Paddle Sports 101
- Progressive® Insurance Flo-Motion
- Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency (TWRA)
- United States Power Squadrons® Boating Skills Virtual Trainer - Boating Simulator
Casting Class - Hosted by Joey Monteleone
Learn about fly fishing, bait casting and casting accuracy. Hands-on instruction offers tips and techniques for everyone beginners to advance.
- Thursday 4pm–5pm
- Friday & Saturday 2pm–3pm and 6pm–7pm
- Sunday 1pm–2pm
Fred’s Shed Interactive Learning Center
If you’re interested in learning what it takes to maintain, repair or upgrade your boat or engine, head to Fred’s Shed for practical, professional advice. Free seminars cover a variety of topics, include demonstrations of techniques and tools on boat and motor cutaways, and end with question/answer sessions. Come with your questions and projects to discuss, and leave with the know-how, confidence and inspiration to do it yourself.
Kids’ Trout Pond - FREE fishing for kids 12 and younger
There's no limit to the fun! Catch-and-release fishing pond is a great way to introduce youngsters to the sport of fishing and the fun to be had outdoors. Be sure to bring your camera to capture the moment when your little angler reels in a "big one".
Meet Pro Fisherman Larry Nixon “The General”
One of the most respected fishermen in tournament fishing history, Larry will be the special guest of C & O Marine. Stop by and meet Larry on Friday from 1pm to 3pm and 5pm to 7pm and on Saturday from 1pm to 3pm and 5pm to 8pm.
Meet Pro Wakeboarders Tara Mikacich, Chad Sharpe & JD Webb — special guest of TNT Watersports
Hyperlite Pro — JD Webb
- Most famous for being the guy who successfully jumped the Lake Eola fountain in Orlando on national TV
- 2008 & 2009 — Wakeboaring Magazine’s “Rail Rider of the Year”
Ronix & Malibu Pro — Chad Sharpe
- 2012 WWA World & USA National Champion (pro vets)
- 2015 WWA Wake Park National Champion (pro vets)
- 2105 Member of USA National Wakeboard Team (bronze Medal)
Malibu Pro — Tara Mikacich
- 2016 2nd place finishes at Malibu Sparks Pro, WakeFest and 2nd overall in the Evolution Pro Series
- 2016 3rd place finishes at Malibu Tokyo Pro, Malibu Houston Pro
- 2016 3rd overall in the Wakeboard World Series
Miss GEICO Offshore Racing Boat
The fourth-generation Miss GEICO is a 50-ft. Victory catamaran made of carbon/Kevlar. Powered by 3,300-hp 1650 RACE Mercury Racing sterndrive engines, the world-champion offshore racing boat can reach speeds in excess of 200 mph!
NEW! FishLipz Party Cove
Take a break and meet up with your friends at the show’s all-new Caribbean-inspired honky-tonk! FishLipz Party Cove serves up icy cold beverages and tasty catfish dinners.
Catch performances by local musicians on Friday from 4 to 8pm and Saturday from noon to 8pm courtesy of Tootsies, Rippy’s and Honky Tonk Central. Hosted by Pates Ford Marina
NEW! Paddle Sports 101
Hosted by Canoe Kentucky.
In search of a new way to enjoy the water, spend time outdoors or energize your exercise routine? Attend one of Canoe Kentucky’s mini clinics to learn about types of boats, paddle techniques, camp kitchen, PFDs and accessories for fishing. Check out the latest in paddle sports gear and watercraft, too.
Progressive® Insurance Flo-Motion
If you’ve dreamed of sharing your love of the water with Progressive’s always happy-to-help sales clerk, Flo, you can do just that at this year’s show. Stop by to climb aboard a boat set—complete with plenty of fun props— and snap a photo with a virtual Flo to share with your friends and family.
You can also:
- Kick back, relax and give your feet a rest in the Progressive Lounge
- Play games and win fun prizes
- Reel in a “big one” on the fishing simulator
- Get answers to your insurance questions and chat with Progressive Insurance experts
Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency (TWRA)
You’re one-stop shop for schedules, rules and regulations you’ll need for the 2016 boating, fishing and hunting season.
TWRA Wear It Tennessee
Advances in technology and design have changed life jackets from big and bulky to sleek, comfortable and easy to wear. Stop by and discover the many different styles of life jackets now available.
Floating in Fashion: Did you know there are different life jackets (PFDs) for different activities? Do you know how to determine what size life jacket you need? Have you ever tried on an inflatable life jacket? Get all the information you need to choose the correct life jacket for your favorite boating or on-water activities.
FREE Boating Safety Course:Saturday, January 21, 8:00 am–11:30 pm
Get your Boating Safety Education Certificate! The Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency (TWRA) will administer a free responsible boating course on Saturday, January 21 in Show Office Hall C.
- There is no charge for the class however, you MUST purchase a Type 600 Boat Safety Exam Permit and bring it to class with you.
- Permits can be purchased anywhere hunting and fishing licenses are sold
- Register online — enter passcode; NBS
- Registration available at the TWRA Booth #503 through Friday, January 20. Upon completion of class and exam, show admission is FREE!
NOTE: ONLY TENNESSEE RESIDENTS BORN AFTER JANUARY 1, 1989 NEED TO PURCHASE THE TYPE 600 PERMIT
United States Power Squadrons® Boating Skills Virtual Trainer - Boating Simulator
Take the helm of a virtual boat to practice basic boating maneuvers and improve your boating skills—without leaving dry land. The United States Power Squadrons® Boating Skills Virtual Trainer® makes learning fun and easy! It features a steering wheel and a real Mercury throttle you use to “drive” a 20-ft. console boat on a lake with other powerboats, sailboats, navigation aids and a full marina.
Training options include close quarters maneuvering, docking and more. Instructors can adjust current and wind direction and velocity, and day/night settings to vary the degree of difficulty and challenge you whatever your skill level.