Features at a Glance
New! Progressive® Insurance Boat School
An educated boater is a safe boater Boost your boating IQ! Learn the fundamentals of boating safety and have fun. Top-notch mariners from the Annapolis School of Seamanship will be on deck to lead an array of interactive “courses” including general boating safety seminars, proper docking procedures, a boating simulator experience, and tips and tricks to help ensure your safety on the water. It’s enjoyable and educational for the whole family!
- Gateway to Boating Get an overview of the styles and types of boats and how they fit the boating lifestyle you choose.
- Watersports Safety Seminar Gain the know-how you need to keep everyone on your boat —and on the water—safe, and ensure every outing is fun and enjoyable.
- iNavigation: Learn how to use the resources available to modern boaters—from traditional compass and paper charts, to onboard electronics, to tablets such as the Apple iPad® to stay safe and have fun on the water.
- Boat Systems: Learn how to manage your boats systems from stem to stern.
- Docking & Line Handling: Does docking cause you stress? Let us “show you the ropes” with tricks, and techniques that can make docking easy.
- 10 Steps to Becoming a Good Gilligan: Even on a three-hour tour, a good first mate is key to a great day on the water. This sessions covers the skills you need as a first mate.
Stop by the Progressive® Insurance Welcome Center or Progressive Insurance Boat School for more information.
Fred’s Shed Interactive Learning Center
DIY seminars and workshops covering boat and motor maintenance, repair and upgrades.
New this year—Fred’s Shed DIY Guidebook Seminar attendees will receive the Fred’s Shed DIY Guidebook, featuring export advice and how-to articles from Boating magazine.
NEW! Twiggy the Waterskiing Squirrel
Don't miss your chance to see the world's most famous water sports-loving squirrel. Twiggy skis behind a
radio-controlled boat that cruises at speeds of 5–6mph around a custom-made heated pool. A safety-conscious critter, Twiggy always wears a life jacket while on the water and encourages her fans to be safe on the water, too. Twiggy will show off her amazing skills during several performances each day of the show.
NEW! Wake Zone Trampoline Wall hosted by Nick's Boat Docks
Getting started or wanting to improve your techniques? Visit the wakeboarding trampoline and get tips from the pro riders and see them demonstrate flips, twists, and other stunts used in wakeboarding.
NEW! Kids Trout Pond
Sponsored by Nashville Marine & Phoenix Boats
There's no limit to the fun! Catch-and-release fishing pond is a great way to introduce youngsters to the fun of fishing. Be sure to bring your camera to capture the moment when your little angler reels in a "big one". Free for kids 12 and younger!
Try Scuba— Be a Diver Pool!
Begin your voyage into the exciting world of scuba diving right in Music City Center! During the past 7 years tens of thousands of people have been introduced to scuba diving at a DEMA "Be a Diver Pool". Now it's your turn! Anyone age 10 and older can discover the fun and exciting sport of scuba diving in the comfort of a tropically warm pool. Not only can you try scuba diving for free, but you can also test some of the latest
scuba equipment and have a photo of yourself taken underwater as a
keepsake of your "diving adventure."
Wet suits will be provided. Please bring a swimsuit and towel.
See the All-New Miss GEICO!
Miss GEICO is a 5--ft. Victory catamaran made of carbon/Kevlar. At approximately 11,000 pounds, she is almost 1,500 pounds lighter than her predecessor and is equal in length. She has a 12-ft. beam, which is 6" wider than the former boat; the extra width will allow her to ride smoother at faster rates of speed.
Powered by 1075 Mercury racing engines, she currently has a top speed of 170mph. Off-season plans include replacing these engines with a set of 1500 HP piston racing engines will enable Miss GEICO to reach a top speed in excess of 200 mph!
Paddlefest – Hosted by Canoe Kentucky
Paddle sports are enjoying a surge in popularity—thanks to their affordability, ease of use and fitness benefits. See and learn all about the exciting world of paddle sports from kayak fishing to stand up paddleboarding so you can zero in on the boat that's right for you.
Free paddle sport demos offered daily in the "Be a Diver Pool" during scheduled paddling times – Test out kayaks, fishing kayaks, canoes, and stand up paddleboards for free.
Fishing Seminars Series
Don't let these get away! Informative, entertaining daily sessions hosted by top national and local pros:
Clay Dyer – If I can, you can! – Born without any lower limbs, no left arm and partial right arm didn’t keep Clay from becoming a professional angler. Hear his inspirational story. Visit Clay’s website to learn more about him. Seminar sponsored Clark Marine
Boyd Duckett – BASS Elite Fisherman – Former Bassmaster Classic Winner (2007), Duckett competes annually on the BASS Elite Series Tour. Duckett is also a founder of and competitor on Outdoor Channel’s Major League Fishing.
Seminar sponsored Clark Marine
Joey Monteleone – Host of the weekly radio show Inside the Outdoors on 650 WSM and Wild Side Guide on Tennessee’s Wild Side television program.
Big Jim Napier - Host of the new television show "Fishing with the Stars", Pro Bass Angler and Professional Guide.
Bridgett Howard – Fishing primarily from a Kayak, Howard is a member of the Jackson Kayak Pro Team
Bobby Gentry - Punisher Lures Pro Staff and fishing guide with over 30 years experience
Jay Gillfillan - Jay is a 13x regional qualifier, FLW National qualifier, and shallow water expert with thirty years of tournament fishing experience.
Matt Quinn - An electrical engineering degree from the University of Missouri and his passion for fishing, boating, and the outdoors have lead to him to create Bass & Gas as a premier marine electronics dealer and tackle store.
The Hawg Trough Fish Tank
Experience fishing in a whole new way—from the viewpoint of the fish! Watch professional anglers demonstrate their fishing and casting skills at this 40-foot, 5,000-gallon aquarium stocked with native species. You'll enjoy a rare underwater view of how fish react to different fishing techniques and strike at various types of bait and lures.
Thursday, January 8 – Fisherman’s Day
- Wear your branded boat manufacturer or fishing club shirt, bring COUPON and receive a discount at the box office!
- Show attendees will receive a free tackle from Scott Patton Guide Service (while supplies last)!
- Meet country music artist Troy Gentry from 6:30 to 8:30 pm in the TNT Watersports booth
- Enter the Wing Easting Contest and win a "wing party" for you and 10 friends courtesy of Honk Central! Listen to 104.5 The Zone for your chance to enter.
- Register to win a guided fishing trip for two on Kentucky Lake!
Friday, January 9 – Pates Ford Marina Day
- Adults will receive a free Fishlipz koozie from Pates Ford Marina (while supplies last)!
- Meet and greet musician TBD!
- Register to win the Wakefest Experience!
Enjoy VIP treatment at Wakefest, Millde Tennessee's preier Wakeboard tournament! Courtesy of TNT Watersports and Pates Ford Marina! The winner and a guest will experience “Pro Day” at Wakefest from the best spots on the lake….the Wakefest Party Barge and the official Wakefest towboat. The Wakefest Pro Day experience includes transportation from Pate’s Ford Marina to the Wakefest Party Barge and back, VIP treatment at event and a ride in the official Wakefest towboat. The Party Barge has sponsor tents, a VIP area and is the pickup point for the pro riders. The Party Barge is definitely a great place to see Wakefest, but there is one way to get closer to the action….the towboat. There isn’t a better place to see the pros than in the boat with them as they battle for bragging rights and prize money.
Saturday, January 10 - Shakespeare Take Me Fishing Day
- Kids 15 and under are FREE all show days!
- Kids will receive a free Shakespeare Navigator Spincast Combo from Pure Fishing (while supplies last)!
- Kids can create their own crankbait from 3pm - 5pm (while supplies last)!
- Kids be sure to introduce kids to the fun of fishing at the Kids Trout Pond!
- Women will receive a free gift from Pates Ford Marina (while supplies last)!
- Special activities designed just for women which include:
- Paddlesport Pool
- Ladies Scuba
- Women's Fishing Seminar
- Women's Boating Seminar
- Register to win Pates Ford Marina VIP Day Cruise! Experience a day on Center Hill Lake like never before on one of Pate’s Ford Marina’s Houseboats. Bring friends and family to enjoy a day on the lake with up to 20 friends. Pate’s Ford will provide a Captain for your cruise as well snacks, drinks and a wet bar. The cruise starts are 9am and will return to Pate’s Ford around 5:30 in the afternoon. The evening will wrap up with dinner at Fishlipz Bar & Grill.